Thursday, February 07, 2008

Your secret Facebook friend

Re: skitched-20080207-171200.jpgI love Facebook. I send Facebook status updates, pictures, and videos via my mobile phone. I enter hilariously unique little stories about how we hooked up in 1993 in the friend details section. I have a horrible record at poke wars, Scrabulous, and Roshambull. I'm even writing a Facebook application that's going to help every ultimate player. And I now get more happy birthday wishes than ever before.

But one thing I'll never do is accept a Facebook friend request from the CIA.

Turns out I wasn't given the option.

Really, I swear to god about this, I'm NOT a conspiracy guy. I think the UFO people are whackjobs. I'd punch a guy too if I walked on the moon and he called me a fraud. And these 9/11 loose change chowderheads have, in addition to their change, lost their marbles.

That said, in the list of names on the Board of Trustees at In-Q-Tel, you'll find Howard Cox's name. What's In-Q-Tel? An investment firm launched by the CIA in 1999 whose goal it is to fulfill the technical needs of the "Intelligence Community."

And what about Howard Cox? He's an Advisory Partner for Greylock, a company that invested $25 million into Facebook at a very critical time for them.

Chills.

Anybody want to go UFO hunting?

No comments: