Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I saw The Illusionist tonight and am so thankful I did. After rewatching SE7EN yesterday, I longed for a feeling I've not had in a long time, a feeling I never know I'm having until it's gone. Now that I've seen SE7EN, I can never ever EVER watch it again without knowing Gwen's head is in that box. I'll always know. Occasionally I do forget how movies end, but that's because they are largely forgetable. It's the big twists that I can never forget and never again be surprised when the secret is revealed.

Leaving the theater and reflecting on the movie gave me pause to contemplate that, after this season is over, I'll know exactly how it ended for Moe. Good, bad, average, or mediocre, once I know and I'll know forever. Right now, however, it's a mystery. All these moments leading up to the ending are what make the ending special. Truth is, no ending, either good or bad, will ever signifcantly affect me if I've not invested in it. The greater the investment, the greater the impact. So how will this end? And is it worth the wait? I don't know how it will end, but what I must remember, no matter the finale, is that the journey has been reward enough already. And yes, it is worth the wait. I have my hard work and my teammates to thank for that.

No comments: