Tuesday, May 08, 2007

U of M Alumni Game

The alumni game was fun. The U of M alumni is growing very strong. Lou, Pat, Eddie, and JereBear for the 2007 game and next year we'll add Kyle, Colin, and Carl. But man, I can't even say how much fun it was to play again with Pat. Just like riding a bike, the first opportunity we got, I cut under for the patented 2 yard gain, launched the disc, and Pat ran it down for a goal.

Overall, I played well. We pulled to start the game and on the second throw, I footblocked Kyle's backhand. A good start. Later, I got another footblock on the mark in the cup on Luke (I think). I also allowed one thrown goal and one received goal (on a break throw).

Offensively, not unlike my college career, I hucked a bunch. I had 8 hucks and completed 6 (5 for scores). One incomplete huck floated over the receiver and he lost sight of it just long enough for it to land 10 feet from him without ever touching it. The other was a backhand laser that zoomed past JereBear and spawned a bunch of "LASER!" heckles. I threw one other goal and received one other. I also had one other turn that Andrew could have run down, set up some bleachers, taken a seat, ordered a pizza, and then waited another minute until it got to him, but instead he jumped for it, didn't reach for it, then let it land somewhere toward the back of the endzone. Oh Andrew.

We actually had the lead late for one point, but our fatigue hit us like Zach was hitting the huka on the sideline (well, maybe at his house before and after) and we ended up losing 15-12. I think that's the exact same score as last year. Actually, I think that's going to be the score for a few years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh lou.. you're so goood

Robbie Shapiro said...

agreed