Friday, March 30, 2007

What NOT to write about

My latest writer's blog block has more to do with which subject to write about first than what to write about. I have a long list of things I've been trying to poignantly address for all you loyal readers out there, but have not found the time to write them in the edge-of-your seat fashion that they deserve. On the short list is a TO post and a response to the negative feedback I received following a recent post (through comments and live and in-person exchanges).

For now, just a quick note to say that the club season nears. What are you doing to get ready? I've been lifting since December. I weighed roughly 175 pounds then. I began dedicatedly lifting with the intention of trying to get below 170. I hadn't counted on my lifting to surprise the crap out of me and account for almost 10 pounds of muscle added. I almost hit 185 when I saw a Jack LaLanne infomercial and decided, what the heck, I'm gunna eat healthfullier (imagine that were a word). I hope to reach a conclusion regarding my question. Now I'm at about 180 and am well on my way to towing 70 boats with 70 people from the Queen's Way Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary on my 70th birthday.

But then I read about Cliff Young tonight and I think I might give up dieting, the gym, and wristwatches to take up sheep farming.

But not until I'm 61.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tip from the movies about dealing with writer's block:

“You must write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is to write, not to think!”
Finding Forrester (2000) - William Forrester (Sean Connery)

1234 said...

Hey, that's a good quote, anonymous person.

J's B: What? Really? How did the pot post help?